Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Back on the Fiction Track

It's good to be back in fiction writing mode. I began to wonder if it would ever happen again. In any event, a story came to mind a few days ago. I wasn't sure how to end it but the ending came to me out of the blue yesterday afternoon. I'd had one idea but then a second idea took over more or less in spite of me. I forgot to eat supper until about 7:30, normally I try to eat between 5 and 6:30, but I'm sure it didn't hurt to wait. I hope I'll still like the story after a few days have passed.

My feline editor has stopped trying to retype every word for me. He's been distracted by the smells that come through the window. The grass is emerging from under its snow blanket and the birds and squirrels are busy. I'm pleased that I can see some green, but of course, N. is not. She is super-stressed at the moment. It's always that way as spring approaches. This year there are added complications, what with renovations underway, the need to get ready to go to Mexico on Monday, and the continuing uncertainty about the pesticide laws and issues. I hope it all works out.

In other news, the Viking and I will have the pleasure of attending a birthday party in Toronto on Sunday afternoon . It's for a close friend who will be celebrating the end of one decade and the beginning of another. I'll l also see friends I haven't seen in eons.

It's also been good to see my words online. Okay, so it's not a huge deal , but it's something and I needed the boost. It gave me some energy.

Looking at this link also sometimes cheers me. I usually check it every other week or so to see if there is new addition.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/series/writersrooms

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I never knew that you lived in Canada. Toronto no less, which is only an hour away from me.

Good luck with the story, Diane. I really enjoyed your pajama essay.

Mike

Michelle Muto said...

Okay, Mike. Scoot over. It's the other GhostWriter.

Glad to hear you are back on track, Diane.
There's nothing like looking up from writing and seeing how much time has gone by. You know you're on a roll then.

Oh, and I love the post on killing appliances. Pretty funny!