Thursday, February 18, 2010

Someday, It Will be Spring

According to the calendar the official arrival of spring is a little over a month away. Of course, when the day arrives we could have snow, or ice, or almost any darn thing imaginable in the way of weather. The southern parts of Canada are not immune to the reappearance of winter until perhaps sometime in late May, if then.

I get antsy waiting for spring to get here and want to run off to ... somewhere - to Montreal (winter is an acceptable season if I'm in Montreal) or to Mexico, if Mexico wasn't dangerous, or Costa Rica. Unless something spectacular happens, I'll be staying put. I do enjoy dreaming about travelling though.

If you could go away for one week, where would you go?

7 comments:

Lily Whalen said...

I haven't travelled anywhere in winter before, but if I did, I think I'd enjoy - Hawaii, Bermuda, or the Cayman Islands. Outside of winter and outside of North America, I'd love to go to the U.K. or Sweden.

Angela Addams said...

I'm craving a trip to Florida this March...but I can't go this year. I miss it already. If I could go anywhere, it would be Florida. I need to thaw for a week.

Jessica Peter said...

I try to run off to warm weather as much as possible. My favourite places are the Florida Keys - like the Caribbean, but drivable if you don't mind the 30-hour drive - and St Martin/Sint Maarten in the Caribbean.

That said, ANYWHERE for a week? I might bump in other destinations, like Belize, New Mexico, or Morocco (never been), or Paris or New Orleans (want to go back).

Unknown said...

A week? Not long enough for where I want to go. I would love to see Australia or Africa.

Selestial said...

I'm craving a vacation right now, but I have no idea where I'd want to go. Basically I just need an escape from reality. Where is that rabbit hole to Wonderland again?

Ken said...

I just finished a yearlong, involuntary vacation. Need to think about finding a place where I can get away with the wife.

Michelle said...

North Carolina, my neighbor to the right. Or, Vancouver. But not during the olympics.